Sunday, October 9, 2016

How I was abandoned


My grandparents had the rare distinction of receiving the touch of a famous historical person. The well-known character scribbled some lines on their body that made them immortal.  They live in a national museum.

A painter discovered my parents at a store in Mumbai and her delicate stroke of brushes made them precious. They traveled many places in the world till a wealthy businessman bought them. Presently they enhance the decor of his marketing office.

I was folded, glued and found myself hanging in a gift shop. My heart danced with joy when a lady bought me before boarding her flight. I said to myself, "I thought I'll be as famous as my ancestor's."

Alas, everybody appreciated the linen I carried, but neglected me. My dreams of becoming famous were shattered.

I am a ‘Handmade’ paper bag standing alone discarded in the corner of a room.

For more stories read CALCUTTA IN SHORTS available on Amazon KDP

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01L5609YO#nav-subnav

No comments:

Post a Comment